Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My father sits on the couch, a man in his sixties, and watches Fox News. Recently, I'd taken it upon myself to rip the chord from his radio, and cut it in two with a pair of shears. That was done so that he would no longer be allowed to sit in the garage, in the hundred degree heat, smoking, drinking, listening to Rush Limbaugh shovel shit through the speakers- doing nothing more than torturing the man, and twisting his back so that he cannot sleep at night.

So now my father sits and watches fox news, he watches our country fall apart, and he laughs. But it's not just him, oh no, I stand in line at the post office and have to listen to a geezer behind me gloat about how these government institutions are falling apart under the current administration. In stores I hear old hags cackle and talk about how they're gonna see that "boy" out of office.

So people tell me, well just ignore them. Easy for many to say- those who do not carry the legal burden I do, those who still have a chance to work.

I watch these elders, whom we are supposed to respect, laugh about the world we youths are inheriting fall apart.

This is the sort of thing that makes me almost wish death panels were not just a sick GOP dream.

I ask my father- "What the fuck are you so happy about!?"

"I told you!" he replies, "I told you this was gonna happen!"

"So what?" I say.

"So, I was right!" he gloats.

"Okay, thanks dad, what the fuck did you do in your sixty some years to prevent this from happening!?" I asked utterly dumbfounded.

"I voted republican," he says.

And here is my reply:

"You voted republican, you bought into a lie, you might as well have voted democrat because it doesn't matter. You did nothing, you voted for lies and stood by expecting the politicians to do their job. You paid taxes to make them rich, to fund their sick schemes, the very things that are causing terrorists to kill us now. You stood by and suckled the cock of your precious institution, and now you are going to die in shit, you are going to all die in shit. The baby boomers are a joke, a fucking joke. And the worst part is, we are inheriting the dirty diapers of a generation that never grew up and learned to wipe its own ass.

How can you elders stand in judgement of us youths? Us youths that had our childhoods stolen from us because of your lies, your sick obsession with facades that crumbled and brought us through horror after horror? How dare you try to have a say in this country's future, you abandoned us. We are orphans of your stupidity and greed. We kill ourselves slowly, there is little hope left among my generation.

I hope you had a fun ride."

This was met with the slam of the garage door, seeing as he'd walked away as I spoke stabbing words of truth.

OOOO, you wicked wicked naive fools, what have you left for your children?

No comments:

Post a Comment