Saturday, November 13, 2010

pome


Brain damage is not a result of the initial blow

(its the way the head moves, the whiplash that scrambles all the signals, in best case scenarios, always use your head so it will be prepared for the collision, thus we save the precious wasted minds!)



I put on my black bandit mask and screamed
“HALLELUJAH” 'till our ears bled green
down the familiar alleys we wistfully walked, come
my friend, we have much pomp in our stomp
crystal crucifixes fixed on the light fixtures
         flail like faint feathers
and we're mad, darling, this is it, chewing
prescription pills like hard candy
it's the hardest candy we've come to like
one bird shrieks “Pasadena or bust!”
but we'll be lucky to make it to the horrid concrete
clusterfuck
city
shitty- it's driving me out of my mind, driving me
passenger seat when my nerves give
and my toes curl
my skin begins to wrinkle from dehydration madness
sand all in the greyhound bag
sand on the floor mats of your car
sand in my ass crack sand in your c***
sand in the face of the Russian orchestra that
loved america, shitfaced drunk last night,
sand for the Irish soccer team that chipped a few
quarters at me when the pool hall wouldn't have
none of my drinking

Headed north headed south headed east headed west
the catalyst is a cosmic chasm that creates an
oceanic orgasm

Cum to the city all red with war paint, blistered eyes gaze
on all the taxidermy banks
people cashing death for nothing
spewing poison- these nightmares, dear comrade, we'd hoped to
avoid!

But life is made simpler when when we're passengers in the
back the a nice hearse

everything is rehearsed by then, it's all ceremony until the
big dip

six feet under that's the kinda view we'll find
so it's best to live in such a way
to teach respect to those left behind
in hopes that soon they could find a new day.

-December 10th, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment