Thursday, November 18, 2010

Two poems real tight like

Cosmic karma

I walked abreast and chattity chatted with an
off duty Santa Claus; Outside the clothing outlets,
all were chains.
Our noses were raped by perfume that screamed,
scents of eternal leather from the shoe shops!
Frolicking children with smeared smiles full of missing teeth
waved gaily, adults smiled knowingly, adolescents in
bright blue fuzzy slippers gazed on with awe that
burned through their wide eyes.

Santa asked me what I wanted for Christmas-
I horse laughed and sang:
"An unbroken foot.
Frankly, I could live off of cucumber sticks and humus.
A brand new heart!
And eternal bliss for my closest friends-
with a touch of sorrow at just the right moments."

He said:
"I think I can handle the cucumber sticks and humus."

I horse laughed like god when he watched the land masses
crash to make mountains-

He asked me why I'd want a new heart
so I shook my fists like I was a politician grabbing the ankles
of every man just to shake the last bits of change out
and told Santa my heart was scarred.

He laughed and shoved me, "Scarred by your own passion-
but my how those scars shine!"




WHEN GOD MET MARY MET JOSEPH MET SAND AND
MANGER EVERYTHING WENT WRONG 

And there was laughter the day the stars fell from the sky,
but they were not stars, but visitors. Their beauty made me cry.
You saw those tears pour from the ducts
and licked them off my face,
my eyes were blue, red, and olive
with touches of burnt umber.
Your eyes were coffee that steamed in white cups on saucers
viewed from above.

Should I touch your hand? I asked the fan coral reef that grew in
the under water Eden we did meet in,
should I slide fingers upon the fine
skin of your arms? If I pull you close
it is because you appear to be trembling,
foolish girl I have infinite suns with which to warm you,
or do you not tremble from the cold, but from the warmth I give
which causes your blood to boil?

You're a lovely harpy, with your talons in me,
I pull at your prussian blue feathers, pull you down-
my hands run up your back as they do with
a virgin canvas
spread taut

Your stomach a drum for my tongue,
grip your sides- NO!
that's been done before, now a new path to your
temple is what I need to find. So that there's no
bullshit between us
I'll tell you to beat me- face up, love!
And I'll respond with fangs
my nectar will seep into your veins and I'll
find my way to your valley,
I'll plunge my tongue into your canyon

like a mighty flesh river sent down from a righteous cloud,
I'll feel the walls moisten and give back
Succulent minerals to ripen the land. And with my comet teeth
I hit the tip of a mount so sensitive
The earth quakes, the galaxy shivers,
The universe shakes
We unite turn yellow, red, blue- then white
And
                Explode
          Across oblivion
            Molecules upon molecules
                       Of love for the
                 New species to dream of.

1 comment:

  1. huh that's weird I commented on this yesterday and it must have not gone through.. I really like the description of the mall you gave

    ReplyDelete